Discover a world beneath the surface of the sea and create some incredible memories. Diving is guaranteed to open up a new world of adventure. Both exhilarating and tranquil, there are many reasons scuba diving is a great activity for everyone.
Here are 10 reasons to give diving a go:
- A great activity for most ages: Anyone aged 12 and up can become fully certified in scuba diving. There are divers who stay active into their 90s. Children as young as 8 years old may join local programs such as Bubblemakers, Seal Team and Scuba Rangers, while 10 year olds can earn a junior scuba certification.
- Safe and easy: With proper skill, training and equipment, scuba diving can be a safe and easy activity to learn. If you can swim and if you can breathe, then you can dive! Bonus: Two $500 PADI dive training grants will be given to youth between the ages of 10 and 17, courtesy of Kids Sea Camp.
- Interact with undersea creatures: Connect with a stunning variety of undersea creatures from coral, sea turtles and fish to large marine mammals. Personally discover the biodiversity in our oceans and see the things that most people only see movies.
- Experience tranquility and freedom unlike any other: Most divers agree that while underwater, the noise and stress from daily life just float away. Slow, deep breathing, similar to that of meditative breathing, can help induce a calm and relaxed state while divers enjoy freedom from restrictions such as gravity and weight.
- An adventurous travel activity: Scuba diving can lead vacation plans or can become a part of them. Scuba diving is an adventure sport, and as with any adventure, it is sure to fill your life with incredible experiences.
- It’s great for your mental and physical health: While being enjoyable and a deeply personal connection to nature, diving can be a great way to get exercise. Scuba diving requires a sound mind and is a healthy and active lifestyle.
- Meet great people: Become a part of a friendly and passionate community. Meet other like-minded people who love the same things you do and to share your experiences with them. Dive centers and dive clubs are everywhere. Often, the members of the dive community become good friends.
- It’s both a local and global activity: Scuba diving is an activity that is enjoyed throughout the world. There are hundreds of famous diving destinations and each spot has something unique to offer. A great diving location is never too far away, especially in California
- Get out of the comfort zone: Try something new and change your life. Scuba diving is an activity and a skill to be passionate about and proud of. Scuba diving can help boost confidence, promote self-awareness and increase life satisfaction.
- Learn to appreciate and preserve marine life: Many creatures and underwater environments have been rescued and rehabilitated by the efforts of scuba divers. Those who spend time in and love the sea are constantly protecting wildlife by learning about marine life and fighting to preserve and protect it.
You’re interested, now what?
For anyone who has ever considered learning to scuba dive, the 2017 Scuba Show is the best place to start. As America’s largest consumer scuba expo, Scuba Show will feature hundreds of exhibitors and experts from around the world, alongside dozens of seminars and classes, cooking demonstrations, interactive art projects, door prizes, an always popular Saturday night party and more, making it a great opportunity to connect with the world of diving and its passionate community.
And thanks to an onsite “try-diving” pool, divers of all experience levels ages 10 and up will be able to give diving a try at the 2017 Scuba Show.
The 2017 Scuba Show will take place on Saturday, May 6, from 10 AM to 6 PM, and Sunday, May 7, from 10 AM to 5 PM at the Long Beach Convention Center, located at 300 E. Ocean Blvd., Long Beach, CA 90802. Discounted tickets are available online HERE and full price tickets will be sold at the door. Single day tickets range from $12 (single day exhibit hall) to $32 (single day exhibits plus seminars), and two day passes are $62 (includes exhibit hall and seminars).